Retail Associate (Seasonal and Year Round Positions)
Seasonal: April 1st - September 30th, 2019
Support the camp experience for guests through providing excellent customer service through preparation and sales of food and beverage as well as merchandise. Assist in maintaining cleanliness of coffee shop, food venues and retail shops.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide a high level of courteous customer service to all guests
- Cashier: Operate the Point of Sale system
- Assist in inventory counts
- Follow proper cash handling procedures
- Demonstrate customer service: Smile and say “Hello”, Talk to customers, Ask open-ended questions, Recommend multiple products, Smile and Say “Thank you”
- Increase store sales through product knowledge and customer service
- Maintain a current Food Handlers Card from San Bernardino County
- Uphold all food-handling guidelines as well as high standards of cleanliness & organization at all times
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Has high school diploma or equivalent
- Strong computer skills and ability to operate the P.O.S (Point of Sale) system
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
- Initiate a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively support and participate in staff spiritual life activities.
- Agree with and sign the Statement of Faith.
- Maintain regular, timely attendance.
- Be a self-starter who is motivated to learn about products and procedures.
- Ability to perform high quality, detailed work.
- Possess excellent people and service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes through necessary skill sets, without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Ability to demonstrate proper cash handling skills.
- Maintain a flexible schedule with the ability to work weekends, nights and holidays as assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate kitchen machinery, coffee house machinery and other retail machinery. Requires medium physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects up to 50 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, emphatically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)