Hospitality/Wait Staff (Seasonal and Year Round Positions)
Seasonal: April 1st - September 30th, 2019
*This is a Part Time position*
To provide support in the Guest Dining Department with special emphasis as hospitality/wait staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides service in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintains assigned dining room in a neat, clean, safe and attractive manner.
- Sets up dining room for guest service which may include linens, table setting and buffet table service.
- Performs food preparation as necessary for snack orders and Firs Dining Room.
- Responsible for special serving activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Hospitality Supervisor.
- May perform duties of dishwasher, basic food preparation, or pantry as assigned.
- Attends meetings and training sessions as assigned.
- Actively supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities, including Staff Devotions and Staff Retreat.
- Actively supports and participates in spiritual life activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person or on the phone
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- A self-starter.
- Able to perform high quality, detailed work.
- Seeks to develop capabilities in the area of basic food preparation.
- Good people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate small and large kitchen appliances and tools. Requires heavy physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times. FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
· Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)