Ojai Valley Recreation Staff (Part Time)
To serve guests with excellence by performing a variety of assigned tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides positive assistance to guests, and other employees through all assignments.
- Actively supports operational services which may include the following:
- First Aid
- Food Service
- Becomes familiar with and practices safety procedures at all times.
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
- Services and cleans all assigned guest rooms, meeting rooms, restrooms, buildings, offices and other areas in accordance with cleaning standards.
- Follows all safety standards relating to work responsibilities.
- Works in support of Team Leader.
- Sets up and moves furniture as requested.
- Assists with seasonal changeover.
- Reports facility needs to Team Leader.
- Relates graciously to guests and staff.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Some college preferred.
- First Aid/CPR certified, or the willingness to acquire certifications.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
- Initiate a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively support and participate in staff spiritual life activities.
- Agree with and sign the Statement of Faith.
- Demonstrate strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must be able to live on grounds.
- Demonstrate flexibility and a willingness to perform a variety of tasks.
- Maintain regular, timely attendance.
- Demonstrate ability to relate to all types of individuals in a gracious manner.
- Be a self-starter.
- Possess excellent people and service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes through necessary skill sets, without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality work and accomplish assigned projects.
- Operate out of a servant heart and Christ-like attitude.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)