Maintenance Technician II
Looking for a fun and exciting environment in which you can put your skills and gifts to use? At Forest Home, our commitment to serving Christ and others is at the heart of every opportunity we offer! Our employees enjoy the stunning beauty of the San Bernardino Mountains while serving alongside others who share their faith and heart for spreading the Gospel. Please apply and know that this is only one of the many positions we offer! Feel free to visit www.foresthome.org/employment for additional opportunities!
Provide proper maintenance and repair of buildings and grounds in assigned area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs general maintenance functions as they relate to all facilities.
- Ensures property and equipment are kept in safe working condition and reports potential safety issues and recommends appropriate changes.
- Performs maintenance utilizing CMMS Maintenance Software for work order management, tracking and completion of all requests.
- Recommend and implement improvements of preventive maintenance programs.
- Assists in mentoring Junior Technicians and Volunteers by providing guidance and direction to help them develop their skill set.
- Will repair / perform or maintain all camp secondary voltage systems.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships across all levels of the organization
- Performs periodic inspections of building infrastructure and equipment.
- Assists Facilities staff in weekend duty, snow removal and other tasks as assigned including after normal business hours.
- Operate different tools and equipment such as golf carts, company vehicles, heavy equipment, forklifts, etc. in a safe manner.
- Complies with factory specifications in relationship to equipment and material, and assures that all materials are handled according to factory recommendations and training.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Perform all the above and all other related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 2 - 5 years of related experience.
- Highly skilled in carpentry, electrical, plumbing, heating and A/C systems.
- Skilled with Microsoft programs and must possess ability to learn to software such as a CMMS.
- Hold and maintain a Class B driving certification with a Hazardous material certification from the DMV in the State of California. (This certification must be completed within a 6-month period of time from hire date.)
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people both in person and over the phone.
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Ability to be trained in basic window repair.
- Technical ability and capability.
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Maintain proper and professional appearance according to Forest Home guidelines.
- A self-starter and able to work independently.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing highly developed communication (written and verbal), project management, and time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
- Requires driving and some heavy lifting.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 50 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
Reasonable efforts are made to accommodate disabilities. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)