Looking for a fun and exciting environment in which you can put your skills and gifts to use? At Forest Home, our commitment to serving Christ and others is at the heart of every opportunity we offer! Our employees enjoy the stunning beauty of the San Bernardino Mountains while serving alongside others who share their faith and heart for spreading the Gospel. Please apply and know that this is only one of the many positions we offer! Feel free to visit www.foresthome.org/employment for additional opportunities!
To properly cultivate landscaping in appearance and function and maintain outdoor grounds as needed.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides maintenance of lawns, landscaping, firewood, trees, and responsibilities of detailed appearance of grounds.
- Assists in maintaining landscape and hardscape by planting, mowing, raking, pruning, etc.
- Apply pesticide and fertilizer to facilities to enhance growth.
- Keep walkways safe and clear of debris and snow.
- Assists in maintaining fire clearances around all buildings and roadways.
- Clean debris from roofs and gutters.
- Maintain all outdoor furniture.
- Assist with loading or unloading trucks and moving furniture/equipment as needed.
- Maintain tools and maintenance equipment in working order
- Keep maintenance buildings clean and organized.
- Requires working outside, in all weather conditions (heat & snow).
- Perform general maintenance as related to the larger facility even after hours if needed.
- Operates vehicles, tractors, equipment and tools in a safe manner as requested.
- Complies with factory specifications in relationship to equipment and material and assures that all materials are handled according to factory recommendations and training.
- Maintains proper and professional appearance according to Forest Home guidelines.
- Supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
High school diploma or equivalent.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities
- Agree with and sign the Statement of Faith
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
- Skill running mowers, string trimmers, hedge bars, blowers, etc.
- Knowledge of plants and pruning techniques, how to apply fertilizers and herbicides.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to operate tools and machinery.
- Sufficient physical agility to work from ladders or on roof if necessary.
- Ability to lift heavy objects up to 50 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Maintain regular, timely attendance.
- Requires ability to work weekends and overtime as needed.
- Technical ability and capability.
- Be a self-starter.
- Demonstrate excellent people service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing good communication, project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high quality work.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, which requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires medium to heavy physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling objects over 30pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers, as well as speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)