Guest Conference Host (Year-Round, Part-Time Weekend Residential)
To serve guest conference guests with excellence, being a liaison between the group and Forest Home operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides exceptional hospitality to guest groups for the full duration of their stay.
- Arrives to shift in appropriate clothing that is neat and clean in appearance, as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Arrives to shift in good hygiene, as outlined in the employee handbook.
- Assists with check-in and ensures all paperwork is collected from each group upon check-in
- Provides appropriate spiritual support to group leadership during an event.
- Acts as the primary contact person and liaison for group leadership and campers during their retreat.
- Delivers announcements and safety guidelines to group leadership and campers.
- Assists operational staff as needed, at the discretion of Director of Guest Conferences.
- Responsible for checking out all Guest Groups including the collection of any required documents, loaned equipment (i.e. radios, chargers, portable wifi cards, etc.), and keys.
- Provides detailed event feedback to the Guest Conferences Reservation department.
- Provides light cleaning duties while serving guests as needed.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Director of Guest Conferences.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Hospitality and/or customer service experience preferred.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home
- Actively supports and participates in the staff spiritual life activities
- Signed statement of faith
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor
- Maintain regular, timely attendance
- Be responsible, focused and aware of surroundings
- Must be comfortable and confident in possible high stress situations
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and on the phone
- Be a self-starter.
- Possess excellent people and service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes through necessary skill sets, without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform high quality, detailed work.
- Work weekends and nights, varied shifts.
- Be able to lift heavy objects up to 30 lbs. on a daily basis.
- Possess reliable means to be able to get to Forest Home in all types of weather conditions.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)