Event Coordinator (Full Time)
To develop, maintain, and deepen relationships with guest group leaders, ministry partners and other organizations in an effort to both increase retention, as well as grow our customer base, while at all times providing superior customer service by facilitating outstanding guest experiences through all stages of the event planning process.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serves guests and staff in a way that is consistent with Forest Home’s mission, vision, and core values.
- Orchestrates all pre-retreat services, which includes communication with group leaders, and acting as the conduit between the guest and all internal departments at Forest Home.
- Works closely with the sales team/ministry liaisons to generate contracts and maintain a consistent flow of communication for the group leader, ministry partner or other organization at the beginning of the event planning process.
- Converts internal sales (i.e. webmasters, calls, tours, other inquires) into confirmed groups.
- Walks guests through the entire event planning process with detailing that can include, but is not limited to: meal times, arrival/departure times, check-in/check-out locations, recreational/retail options and schedules, housing details, meeting space locations/layouts, updated guest attendance numbers, deposits/payments, and the coordination and collection of necessary forms (i.e. Liability Insurance, Registration/Medical Consent Forms, Voluntary Disclosure Forms, and Roster Forms).
- Actively follows-up with assigned guest group leaders as part of the post-retreat protocol, which includes obtaining feedback on their retreat experience, the collection of any outstanding check-out forms, as well as streamlining their rebooking process for future retreats.
- Maintains repeat business and grows customer base by efficiently and effectively communicating with guest group leaders to instill a desire to rebook for future retreats in a prompt, yet professional manner.
- Collaborative meetings with operations departments to ensure alignment and the highest quality of services provided to contracted groups as the advocate and active voice of the guest and their perspective.
- Coordinates necessary specifics on a daily basis with operations departments via phone calls, emails, or other communications methods to effectively prepare for our guest groups.
- Creates, revises, and distributes “info sheets” to appropriate departments and facilitates weekly meetings to ensure clear communication about group’s wants and desires.
- Handles and creates “info sheets” for all internal requests including but not limited to: meeting functions, donor events, pastor’s stays, and staff stays.
- Facilitates accurate data recording to assist with Camperships and Camper Day tracking
- Shares group impact stories and other important information about guest groups with staff meetings in conjunction with the mission, vision, and core values at Forest Home.
- Seeks opportunities and proposes new systems/processes to ensure the highest level of efficiency in the event planning process.
- Creates and revises reports on an as-need basis.
- Actively supports and participates in staff bonding and spiritual life activities.
- Performs all other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- College degree, or significant job experience in customer service, guest relations, and/or related hospitality/tourism industry experience
- Strong office experience, with excellent computer and database skills.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Signed statement of faith.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work well under pressure.
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to provide service and streamline processes without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home’s policies.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing excellent communication (written and verbal), project management, time management, and collaboration skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high-quality work and accomplish assigned projects.
- Actively support and participate in staff bonding and spiritual life activities.
- The ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Available for business travel, as requested (less than 10%).
- Regular and timely attendance.
- An effective problem-solver.
- A strong work ethic.
- A self-starter.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise-level in the work environment is usually moderate, but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one's sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)