Home for the Holidays 2019 Family Camp Program Staff (Temporary)
JOB SUMMARY: Work together with a team of like-minded young adults to create a camp program in which students attending camp with their family or girls coming up as child care assistants are growing spiritually through activities such as age-appropriate worship, Bible teaching, relationships, and recreation!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Builds relationships with campers & families; welcoming guests, building rapport, and being available as needed throughout the week to serve others and provide excellent customer service
- Host games, activities, seminars, and competitions with your campers
- Lead nature hikes to the lake or creek and help campers connect with God through creation
- Lead an age group of campers in a daily Bible Study or campers in cabin devotions and Bible study.
- Worship the Lord in song and dance with kids of all ages.
- (CCA only) lives with CCA’s on a weekly basis, providing and establishing standards and following through with discipline when necessary.
- Actively participates in staff activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience serving in children’s or youth ministry (preferably in camp setting) of all ages.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home
- Assume responsibility for initiating a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor
- Actively support and participates in the staff spiritual life activities
- Maintain regular, timely attendance
- Agree with and sign the Statement of Faith
- Be responsible, focused and aware of surroundings
- Must be comfortable and confident in possible high stress situations
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
- Comfortable, confident, and flexible when working with parents, CCA’s, children, and FYCP staff.
- Be a self-starter.
- Possess excellent people and service skills.
- Possess ability to provide service with integrity.
- Possess ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high quality work and accomplish assigned projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Varies by position
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)