2020 Residential Summer Camp Staff
Looking for a fun and exciting environment to serve at this summer? At Forest Home, our commitment to serve Christ and others is at the heart of our summer staff opportunities. We have positions available in Program, Guest Dining, Photo/Video, Recreation, Retail and Audio Visual and Camp Operations.
ABOUT FOREST HOME:
OUR MISSION: Encounter Jesus. Experience Transformation. Engage the World.
OUR VISION: Forest Home Ministries will partner with the Church to create a revolutionary Christ-centered experience in which people of all ages hear the Gospel of Jesus Christ, explore the Word of God, pursue God’s call for their life, engage in Christ-centered relationships, and connect with God through His creation.
OUR CORE VALUES:
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-20)
Love (1 Corinthians 13)
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12; Proverbs 4:23-27)
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
Engage in Community (1 Thessalonians 5:11-13)
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Must be at least 18 years of age by May 15th, 2020
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person and over the phone.
- Initiate a pleasant atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively support and participate in staff spiritual life activities.
- Agree with and sign the Statement of Faith.
- Maintain regular, timely attendance.
- Be a self-starter.
- Possess excellent people and service skills, with the ability to provide service and streamline processes through necessary skill sets, without compromising the integrity of the department or Forest Home and its policies and procedures.
- Demonstrate good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to perform high-quality, detailed work and accomplish assigned projects.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: May vary based on position.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate office machines. Requires mild physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity.
WORK ENVIRONMENT:The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times.
FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.