Health Technician - Weekend Residential
JOB SUMMARY: To provide basic first aid and medication to Forest Home guests and staff in a friendly and sensitive and timely manner within the scope and practice of their training and Forest Home First Aid Department Policies and protocols. Dispense medications to youth under 18 years old following Forest Home first aid protocols.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides basic First Aid to Forest Home guests and staff on a rotating shift basis with 24 hour on-call responsibilities.
- Meets guest and staff needs with a gracious attitude and an encouraging spirit.
- Responsible to log all treatments and dispositions in the camp health record log/Circuitree online.
- Assists in organizing transportation for guests who need to be driven off grounds for advanced healthcare needs.
- Assures medicines are kept under lock and key at all times.
- Assures youth guests receive medication as directed and use written documentation in Circuitree and/or paper MAR.
- Communicates needed or requested treatment/procedures of medically fragile campers from parent or physician to camp RN.
- Ensures that the Health Screening and any other ACA documentation deemed required is completed properly and turned in on schedule.
- Keeps all medicine, first aid supplies, and treatment area neat, orderly, and properly secured at all times.
- Provides notice on door as to where the Health Tech can be located if not at the treatment area.
- Carries a Forest Home 2-way radio, remaining on first aid channel at all times. Responding to calls in a timely manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Closed toed shoes when on duty and dresses with in Forest Home dress code policy.
- Builds collaborative relationships with department leaders and supervisors and provides support and training regarding human resource issues.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- CPR and First Aid Certification from a nationally recognized institute
- Patient care experience along with good understanding of medications (2-3rd year Nursing students are preferred)
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Uphold and support the Mission, Vision and Core Values of Forest Home.
- Ability to hear from God and pray for people, both in person or on the phone
- Assume responsibility for initiating a positive and productive atmosphere by displaying a professional attitude through performance, appearance, and demeanor.
- Actively supports and participates in staff spiritual life activities.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Signed statement of faith.
- A heart to serve.
- The wisdom to know when to seek assistance in a timely manner.
- A self-starter with strong ability to triage.
- Excellent people service skills.
- Ability to provide service with integrity.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of environments.
- Ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to perform high quality work and accomplish assigned projects.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and requires sufficient hand, arm, and finger dexterity to operate medical equipment, tools, vehicles and office machines. Requires moderate physical work; some lifting, pushing, or pulling of objects over 20 pounds. Requires visual acuity to read words and numbers and speaking and hearing ability sufficient to communicate in person or over the phone.
ADA: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990. This job description will be reviewed periodically as duties and responsibilities change with business necessity. WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Work involves moderate exposure to unusual elements such as blood and body fluids, sharps,extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud at times. FOREST HOME EMPLOYMENT STATEMENT: Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. All terms and conditions of Forest Home’s at-will employment, duties, and responsibilities are subject to the Forest Home Employee Handbook.
FOREST HOME CORE VALUES
Surrender to Christ (Romans 12:1-2)
- Abide with the Lord daily through study of His Word and prayer
- Surrender to the Lord daily through obedience to His Word
- Worship the Lord with the Forest Home Community
- Commit to grow in your faith through regular attendance at a local church
- Prioritize God, Family, and Work appropriately
- Be prepared to share your testimony with staff or guests
- Walk in Biblical purity (1 Timothy 4:12) by rejecting one’s sinful nature
Love (I Corinthians 13)
- Display the fruit of the Spirit: love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control (Galatians 5:22)
- Be respectful to others
- Demonstrate compassion
Serve (Philippians 2:3-11)
- Give generously to God and others through time, talent and treasure
- Seek to put others’ needs above your own
- Demonstrate humility in both spirit and deed
- Actively look for ways to serve
Walk in Integrity (Titus 2:11-12, Proverbs 4:23-27)
- Show loyalty to others, even when they are not present
- Do the right thing, even when others are not present
- Extend trust and seek to believe the best in others
- Ask for forgiveness quickly when necessary
- Be truthful and transparent with others
Strive for Excellence (Colossians 3:23-24)
- Demonstrate accountability with time and resources
- Request and receive training
- Desire to improve, and challenge others to do the same
- Commit to exceeding guest expectations
- Refuse mediocrity
Engage in Community (I Thessalonians 5:11-13)
- Seek first to understand before being understood
- Communicate clearly, empathetically and respectfully
- Work through conflict Biblically (Matthew 18-15-17)
- Participate in intentional and purposeful community activities
- Partner with teammates for the goal of unity and team effectiveness
- Play and appreciate “campy” fun
- Faithfully pray for one another
Innovate (Ephesians 3:20-21)
- Dream Big
- Proactively seek solutions
- Think outside the box
- Dream, plan and execute new ideas
- Acknowledge and trust that all things are possible through Jesus Christ our Lord (Matthew 19:26)